THE Haryana unit of the Bharatiya Kisan Union on 26 November 2019 submitted a memorandum addressed to the President to the Deputy Commissioner, Jind. The demands were as follows:
- Withdraw all false cases slapped on farmers
- Pay compensation without delay as directed by the Supreme Court Rs 100 per quintal of stubble
- Implement concrete system for disposal of stubble waste without delay
- The stubble of sugar cane crops should also be considered as paddy stubble and sugar cane farmers also should be paid accordingly
- Provide immediate relief to farmers who have been wrongly charged heavy electricity bills
Haryana BKU leader rattan Mann warned the government that if these demands are not met without delay, all farmers of Haryana will be forced to wholly boycott government staff and politicians. All India Kisan Mahasabha National Vice President and All India Kisan Sangharsh Samanvay Samiti member Prem Singh Gehlawat expressed full support and solidarity with the farmers and their demands.